If you are a nature lover and wish to experience the incomparable scenic beauty in this vacation, then Dandeli can be an ideal vacation destination for you. Surrounded by the deciduous forests and being a renowned habitat for wildlife, it is a modern town that looks beautiful and adventurous. The town is the home to many adventurous activities like rafting, jungle camping, exploring heart throbbing sightseeing places and much more. Situated 125kms from Goa makes it easy for the international travelers to visit this place. Located in the Western Ghats of the Northern Karnataka, its pleasant weather makes your traveling the best. Many people visit Dandeli to enjoy rafting, so hurry up and do Dandeli rafting booking to experience the amazing river rafting in Dandeli.
Some of the best places to visit in Dandeli:
- Wildlife sanctuary in Dandeli: Being the second largest wildlife sanctuary in Karnataka, this wildlife sanctuary in Dandeli is crisscrossed by two rivers, namely River Nagajhari and River Kaneri. This sanctuary has also been declared as a tiger reserve in the year 2007 that is a home to many wildlife animals like leopards, elephants, langur, tigers, black panthers and many more animals. The best thing about this wildlife sanctuary is Jungle jeep safari that may add a lot of thrill to your adventure.
- Kavala Caves: Situated at a distance of 26kms from Dandeli, Kavala Caves is one of the popular caves in that region. These caves are a home to very popular Shiv Lingam and a person needs to step down 376 steps for reaching the entrance gate of the caves. To enjoy the glimpse of the naturally created Shiv Lingam, you need to walk down the last 40 steps by crawling. A huge crowd is noticed during the time of Shivratri at this place.
- Shiroli peak: Shiroli Peak is considered as the highest peak in the Uttara Kannada region from where you may get to enjoy the splendid views of the Western Ghats and Sahyadri range. It is the best place for trekking lovers and nature lovers as well.
- River rafting: If you wish to experience the best rafting experience in the South India, then you can enjoy rafting in River Kali that is flowing through the Western Ghats of Dandeli. Since the river has grade 2 and 3 rapids, therefore it is idea for both beginners as well as professionals. Most of the travelers visit Dandeli to enjoy the river rafting, so book your Dandeli rafting package in advance.
- Kulgi nature camp: The Kulgi nature camping would add a great experience to the adventure in your life. People get a chance to have a comfortable stay in tents that have been named after the different birds that are found largely in the middle of the forest area.
- Shopping in city market: If you love to collect the handicraft items, then you will get a lot to buy in the city market. Handicraft items made of bamboo are the specialty of the city Dandeli.
If you are planning to visit Dandeli this vacation, then you can easily avail Dandeli rafting booking with Dandeli Dreams that offers the cost effective Dandeli rafting package.