Gum disease receding gums is an inflammation or infection of the gums, deeper supporting tissue gums and bone surrounding the teeth. The first sign of gum disease receding gums is plaque on the surface of the teeth. Plaque is a substance sticky white or yellow made mainly mixed with saliva and food debris with starch and sugar bacteria. If not too extensive, the plate can be removed by brushing or flossing. Otherwise, it will accumulate and penetrate below the gum line, forming tartar. Tartar is very difficult to remove and usually requires a dental treatment.
Some warning Signs
Plaque and tartar, if left untreated, can lead to inflammation of the gums, called gingivitis. The symptoms of gingivitis are intensely red and swollen gums that hurt.
If there is bleeding or pain is more severe,it is a sign of periodontitis.It means that the infection spread to surrounding bone and tissue.
Various other symptoms contain foul breath and receding gums.Receding gums can lead to tooth loss, even more than cavities. Statistics show that periodontitis causes more loss of teeth from decay in people over 30 years old.
Natural receding gums treatment
Several natural remedies can help in receding gums treatment.
- Vitamin C has been proven to help with gum disease receding gums. Sailors on long sea voyages in the eighteenth century used to chew lime to prevent bleeding This is because vitamin C is a potent antioxidant and helps bone regeneration and rebuilding connective tissue. People with gum problems should eat more foods rich in vitamin C, such as broccoli, peppers, grapefruit, kiwi, oranges, cantaloupe, or may take vitamin supplements.
- Vitamin D – Another important vitamin is vitamin D. moderate sunlight is important because UV activated vitamin synthesis in the skin. Vitamin D has anti-inflammatory qualities and is believed to have a role in preventing gum disease. You can also take the form of a supplement.
- Stress – You should reduce stress since it increases gum disease also. There have been several studies that have revealed a connection between plaque and tartar accumulation with stress. Stress can be minimized with various relaxation techniques for example meditation.
- Coenzyme Q10 is believed to be one of the ingredients necessary for repairing diseased gums. It is developed in the body, but can be found in food or taken as a supplement. You can even find toothpaste brands which includes Q10 as an ingredient.
- Tea tree oil has anti-biotic attributes and if used as a topical gel that can help cure gum disease receding gums.
- Blueberries can also be useful as they prevent bacteria from sticking to teeth. Drink cranberry juice without added sugar, four ounces a day, but people taking warfare or have kidney disease should consult a doctor first.
One option for the prevention of gum disease receding gums is Naturessmile oral hygiene plan. Use Naturessmile herbal gum balm after brushing your teeth. NS gum balm goes deep into the gum pockets and kills all nasty bacteria. It also stops the further growth of bad bacteria that induce gum disease receding gums. Naturessmile gum paste is a 100% natural gum disease receding gums treatment.
Check out this link for more details: www.naturessmile.com